Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Artwork of Chuck Vadun

 
 
 
The Artwork of Chuck Vadun
 
 
This page contains some cartoons, sketches, and scribblings by Chuck.  The first, the "taking a pounding" cartoon, was drawn for my old Attack Columns newsletter.  The last, the French General, Chuck drew for me on a piece of scratch paper in about two minutes one day while we were just sitting around.  The rest of the drawings are from one of Chuck's notebooks and were given to me by a mutual friend a few years ago.  I still have all of the originals and they are among my most prized possessions.  Enjoy.
 

 
 
This cartoon is based on a real event.  That's Rick on the left, Chuck in the center and me on the right.  Chuck with his Italians and me with my French had taken on Rick's Prussians.  During the game, Chuck had the most incredible luck rolling dice that I have ever seen.  Rick was not amused.
 
 
 

Prussian Infantry under heavy fire.
 
 
 
 

Ideas for basing French Light Infantry.
 
 
 
 
Spanish Dragoon



Spanish Artilleryman
 
 
 
 
Spanish Heavy Cavalry Trooper
 
 
 
 
Spanish Lancer
 
 
 
 
Spanish Light Infantryman
 
 
 
 
French Light Infantryman
 
 
 
 
 
French Line Infantry Skirmisher
 
 
 
 
 
French Dragoon
 
 
 
 
French Light Infantry in Campaign Dress
 
 
 
 
 
Impossible Odds
 
 
 
 
 
French Line Infantry
 
 
 
 
French Line Infantry Command
 
 
 
 
French General of Division
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment